[OPEN-ILS-DEV] PATCH: Throw away bootstrap.conf and use opensrf_core.xml

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 18:57:03 EDT 2007

On 29/06/07, Mike Rylander <mrylander at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/29/07, Dan Scott <denials at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>

> > Here's opensrf_core.xml.example, with <settings_config> added and a
> > general whitespace cleanup (2-space indents) to boot. Also included
> > one more required cleanup: delete bootstrap.conf.example.
>
> Unfortunately, the patch hates me and won't apply.  I'm going to go
> ahead an just use xmllint to clean up that files formatting, and I'll
> go and hit other xml files while I'm in there.

Just realized that this will also affect the "startup.pl" script
that's used to set the Apache environment; there are three Perl
modules that used to be initialized by /openils/conf/bootstrap.conf
that will now need to be initialized by /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml
instead.

On that note: to capture significant config-breaking changes like
this, and other news of interest to the EG community, I think an
"Evergreen Weekly News" kind of Web column that summarizes development
and discussion would be a nice addition to the roster of information
dissemination methods used by Evergreen. Many people don't have the
time or the interest (amazingly enough!) to read every -dev post, but
would probably follow along with a weekly summary.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University