[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Chop Chop

Scott McKellar mck9 at swbell.net
Sat Jun 30 23:41:27 EDT 2007

I've been working towards getting a working Chop Chop server on my
machine, for development and testing.  I'm running SUSE 9.3 with
KDE, for whatever difference that makes.

Questions:

1. True or false: Chop Chop == jabber-c == osrf_chat_main.c.  I'm
assuming true.

2. Is it just my imagination, or is the Wiki entry badly out of date?

It says that all parameters must be specified on the command line.
In reality the program reads a configuration file.

It also says that "Chop Chop will eventually have automatic
daemonization for process backgrounding."  Chop Chop already
daemonizes itself.

3. Once Chop Chop is running, is there a graceful way to bring it
down?  It looks to me like it enters an endless loop, and the only
way to stop it is to send it a signal with kill or the like.

4. Once it's running, what's the simplest way to verify that it
works?  With srfsh?  Or maybe a conventional chat client like
Kopete or GAIM (now Pidgin)?  Do I need to have Memcached running?

Scott McKellar
http://home.swbell.net/mck9/ct/