[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Creating the database schema

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 19:42:06 EST 2007

On 3/7/07, Don McMorris <don.mcmorris at gmail.com> wrote:
> When I was helping Grace a week or two ago, I came across this also.
> I forget the issue exactly... All I remember is that the database
> issue that was fixed in 1.0.24 (from 1.0.23) didn't appear to have
> been fixed in 1.1.0.
>
> When I say database issue, I mean when I tried manually the
> build-db.sh script (/ILS/Open-ILS/src/sql/Pg/), one of the merge
> scripts gave an error (I think it may've been "schema.metabib.sql",
> but I don't recall).

That was actually a separate issue, but it was also found by our
intrepid dbs.  That was a premature view definition (a dependent table
didn't exist yet, just an ordering issue), but this seems to be that
we're not including the DB initializing make target by default in the
1.1 stuff.

We'll fix the default with the next dev release, but it's not a
show-stopper IMHO.  In any case, there will probably be a 1.1.2 very
soon (early and often, early and often)... :)

> I guess I'll have to fire up my time-making machine so that I can
> farse with it some more ;)
>
> Before I run ahead and update the Wiki to reflect running apache as
> OpenSRF, has anyone tried this with a successful outcome? I mean,
> wouldn't want to break Apache's stuff now would we? ;)

I just checked our dev server and it runs apache as user opensrf.
Just use the User http.conf setting to control that.

Thanks Don!

-miker

mrylander at gmail.com
GPLS -- PINES Development