[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Startup Help

Bill Erickson billserickson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 13:45:49 EDT 2007

On 3/16/07, Cory Fuchs <cory.fuchs at ronank12.edu> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I have greped and for whitespace in all three config files and cleaned
> them up.  I have attached all three again.  I also made the changes
> opensrf.xml file for database.
>

> Here is the output of the start command.
> /etc/init.d/opensrf start
> * Starting OpenSRF ...
> su: Authentication service cannot retrieve authentication info.
> (Ignored)
> Starting OpenSRF Router
> !!!! Unable to connect router to jabber server localhost...

What happens when you do:

$ telnet localhost 5222

If you get "Connection refused", your jabber server is not running.

If telnet appears to connect, then you need to make sure you have registered
the correct users with the jabber server.  You need at least a "router" user
and additional users to match the settings in your bootstrap.conf and
opensrf_core.xml files.

There is a utility script at OpenSRF/examples/register.pl for registering
jabber users via command line.

e.g.

$ perl register.pl localhost 5222 router router_password

Hope this helps,

-bill

--
Bill Erickson