[OPEN-ILS-DEV] tar.tar

fharrington at ocln.org fharrington at ocln.org
Mon Mar 19 11:01:36 EDT 2007

I have tried tar and gunzip and uncompress - what is with this format of
tar.tar ? I have downloaded these files as binary files. I've been doing this for
twenty years but apparently something new has cropped into the way of
doing things and I can't even untar, gunzip or uncompress these files - is
this related to cvs or whatever it is could you  please be a little bit descriptive
on how these files get untarred or unzipped or whatever they are. Is this a
Debian detail ? I am on a centos linux distribution machine. I tried tar with a
-z option as well and that also did not work. talk about getting tripped up in
the preface...i found this same format on the koha downloads. What is this ?

thanks.

frank

Frank Harrington
Systems Manager