[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Startup Help

Bill Erickson billserickson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 10:42:12 EDT 2007

On 3/20/07, Cory Fuchs <cory.fuchs at ronank12.edu> wrote:

>  Hello Everyone,

> ps ax | grep -i opensrf | grep settings
>
> 20860 pts/2    S      0:00 OpenSRF master [opensrf.settings]
>
> 20863 pts/2    S      0:00 OpenSRF drone [opensrf.settings]
>
> 20864 pts/2    S      0:00 OpenSRF drone [opensrf.settings]
>
> 20865 pts/2    S      0:00 OpenSRF drone [opensrf.settings]
>
> 20866 pts/2    S      0:00 OpenSRF drone [opensrf.settings]
>
> 20867 pts/2    S      0:00 OpenSRF listener [opensrf.settings]
>
> 20873 pts/2    S      0:00 OpenSRF drone [opensrf.settings]
>
> libsrv bin # /etc/init.d/opensrf status
>
>  * status:  started
>
> libsrv bin # /etc/init.d/chopchop status
>
>  * status:  started
>
> libsrv bin # /etc/init.d/memcached status
>
>  * status:  started
>
> libsrv bin # /etc/init.d/apache2 status
>
>  * status:  started

> Thank you for all your help.
>

> Cory Fuchs

The 'ps' output looks good.  The Perl services have a "master", "listener",
and 1 or more "drone" processes.

I was looking through the configs and I noticed the IDL setting near the top
of opensrf.xml:

<IDL>/openils/conf/fm_IDL.xml</IDL>

It appears from most of the other configs that you are not using the
/openils directory for configs, etc.  Does /openils/conf/fm_IDL.xml exist?

However, that doesn't explain why the settings server is not connected to
jabber (and registered with the router), because the settings server does
not require the IDL.

Here's what I would do,

   1. Stop Evergreen
   2. Remove all Evergreen related log files
   3. Setup all configs for local logging instead of syslog (logfile
   settings in bootstrap.conf and opensrf_core.xml).
   4. Make sure all log levels are at DEBUG level (loglevel 4 in
   opensrf_core.xml)
   5. Start up the system and do nothing else.
   6. grep all the logs for ERR or WARN and see if anything looks
   obviously wrong.  Otherwise, bundle up all the logs and send 'em on to the
   list.  There has to be an error /somewhere/ to explain why
   opensrf.settings is not connected to jabber.

-bill

--
Bill Erickson
PINES Systems Developer