[OPEN-ILS-DEV] some notes on build problems

Harry Bochner Harry.Bochner at biogenidec.com
Thu Mar 22 15:18:10 EDT 2007

I'm struggling through the build process; let me start with a few of
the things I've figured out, in case they might be helpful to some one
else:

1) If you get ld errors reporting that xmlDictCleanup() is not
   defined, that's an indication that the libxml2 that you're using is
   too old. I had this problem with libxml2 2.6.16; the problem went
   away when I upgraded to 2.6.27.

2) I had to add "-ldl -lxml2 -ltermcap" to get things to load
   successfully. (This is on Redhat Linux.) You can do this by setting
   the LDLIBS environment variable as follows:
export LDLIBS=" -ldl -lxml2 -ltermcap

3) The SQL in Open-ILS/src/sql/Pg in Evergreen 1.1.1 has problems. It
   requires that the contrib/xml2 extension in postgres be compiled
   and installed into the database, but this isn't documented
   anywhere. There are also typos in 900.audit-functions.sql and
   901.audit-tables.sql, but they seem to have been fixed in 1.1.2 ...

I tried 1.1.1 because I was having problems with 1.0.3; I think I'll
start fresh with 1.0.3.2, and then come back with questions ...

--
Harry