[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Jabberd vs. Ejabberd

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mailserv.mvlc.lib.ma.us
Fri Mar 23 14:30:16 EDT 2007

Hmm,

Seems I always pick the hard way to do things, or at the very least have
to be different.

I started working from an outdated list of requirements that did not
list a Jabber server requirement:

http://www.open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=prerequisites

I installed Jabberd instead of Ejabberd, so now I have some additional
configuration to work out on my own. The one good thing out of this is
that Jabberd2 can use PostgresQL to store its authentication data, so if
I'm reading things correctly that eliminates the need for SQLite.
However, I have yet to see how this is going to interact with OpenSRF.

Am I way off base here or headed in an interesting direction?

Cheers,
Jason