[OPEN-ILS-DEV] install.sh build -- lot's of apparent errors...

Garry Collum gcollum at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 12:11:02 EDT 2007

Hi John,

I'm trying to build on Fedora as well and I'm getting errors, but I'm
getting closer.

Here are my variable definitions.
APXS2="/usr/sbin/apxs"
APACHE2_HEADERS="/usr/include/httpd"
APR_HEADERS="/usr/include/apr-1"
LIBXML2_HEADERS="/usr/include/libxml2"

Here's a couple of things that are not obvious.

The first set of errors I got were for memcached. I didn't compile and
install the libmemcache.  You have to go to
http://www.danga.com/memcachedto get memcached, but while you are
there you also need the libmemcache for
the build (http://www.danga.com/memcached/apis.bml).  It's under the C API
section.   I also got the perl module while I was there.  It's the most
current one.

Also Fedora puts the dbdpgsql library in /usr/lib/dbd, but it doesn't add
this directory to the link path.  If this is your situation. Go to the
/etc/ld.so.conf.d and create a file called dbd.conf.  (actually you can call
it anything you want as long as it ends in .conf)  The file just needs one
line.  The path:  /usr/lib/dbd
Then just type
  ldconfig
 at the command line to update the path.

You can use
  ldconfig -v | more
if you want some feedback.

The errors that I'm getting now have to do with the apr library when the
gateway directory is being built.  I'm going to try to find the most current
src, if that doesn't work, I noticed an older src on the apache web site.

Garry