[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Minor osrf_ctl.sh documentation patch

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 15:32:30 EDT 2007

On 29/03/07, Harry Bochner <Harry.Bochner at biogenidec.com> wrote:

> Some tips on switching to using osrf_ctl.sh:
>
> 1) it assumes that /openils/bin is in your path (or that you're in the bin
> directory,
> and "." is in your path).
> 2) The perl code requires setting PERL5LIB in order to find the evergreen
> modules.
>
> I've added these lines to top of the script, to make things easier:
>
> PREFIX=/var/www/openils
> export PERL5LIB="$PREFIX/lib/perl5:$PERL5LIB"
> export PATH=$PREFIX/bin:$PATH
>
> --
>  Harry

Hi Harry:

Right - but there are going to be lots of scripts that require those
settings (srfsh for example).

Rather than pollute each script with environment settings, I've
documented how to set up compile and runtime environment variables for
Evergreen on Gentoo at
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=installing_prerequisites_on_gentoo#compile_and_runtime_environment

Adding the PATH entry to that would make a lot of sense. Also, of
course, .bashrc or other approaches would be equally valid. As long as
we document it the "right" way for each distro / OS then I think we're
covered.

Dan