[OPEN-ILS-DEV] JavaScript SpiderMonkey on FC6

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at in-nomine.org
Fri May 4 01:31:57 EDT 2007

-On [20070503 23:50], Natasha Stephan (stephann at lindahall.org) wrote:
>Quite obviously, I'm still a newbie.  Is downloading, compiling, and
>linking this C library gonna be WAAAAY over my head?  Can someone take
>me through it?  I'll put whatever works on the DocuWiki.

I assume you're downloading
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/js/js-1.60.tar.gz
(SpiderMonkey also depends on the nspr library.)

Then you:

tar xvfz js-1.60.tar.gz

cd js/src

It expects a file under the config directory named:

uname -s + uname -r .mk

So for example a FreeBSD machine could be: config/FreeBSD6.2-STABLE.mk

You can easily see what it expects for your machine by executing the
following:

make (or gmake) -f Makefile.ref

The only problem is is that you need to tweak/alter Makefile.ref and your
expected config/?.mk file to your system. For example, the Linux_All.mk has
only a OS_CFLAGS += -DPIC -fPIC line, but for a lot of platforms -fpic is
preferred. PIC is mostly used for m68k and Sparc.

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
http://www.in-nomine.org/ | http://www.rangaku.org/
If I promise you the Moon and the Stars, would you believe it..?