[OPEN-ILS-DEV] OpenSRF installation problems

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at in-nomine.org
Fri May 4 01:46:07 EDT 2007

-On [20070504 07:19], Hennie Rautenbach (hennie at sabinet.co.za) wrote:
> Appears I have hit a dead-end with this problem. No-one else seem to have
> encountered it. Guess it relates to Debian Stable then. I am not keen to try
> Ubuntu. Any other recommended versions of Linux I can give a try ?

Basically what it does in OpenSRF/src/gateway is:

apxs(2) -i -a -n osrf_json_gateway osrf_json_gateway.so

Which would result in a line in your Apache's httpd.conf as follows:

LoadModule osrf_json_gateway libexec/apache22/osrf_json_gateway.so

And placing that osrf_json_gateway.so into /usr/local/libexec/apache22 (or
whatever is configured for your system).

I cannot find in any of your emails where your Apache's httpd.conf supposedly
resides on your system.

Any Apache httpd.conf I've seen by now has a long list of LoadModules, can you
verify that? Or put your config up somewhere to take a peek?

In the directory with all these mod_*.so files, did it in fact copy over
osrf_json_gateway.so? Since you said that it didn't fail this time in the
build/install process.

You will need to provide much more details I'm afraid.

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
http://www.in-nomine.org/ | http://www.rangaku.org/
Reality is an illusion, grimmer. The dreamlands are like masks within
masks, and Time has no dominion beyond the Shroud...