[OPEN-ILS-DEV] OpenSRF installation problems&In-Reply-To=20070504054607.GR237@nexus.ninth-circle.org

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Fri May 4 09:59:46 EDT 2007

Hello,

Maybe you missed Rene's answer, but it was basically spot on in my experience,
as I also had this problem on Ubuntu.  Somewhere along the line Apache decided
to switch all of its config information out of httpd.conf and into
apache2.conf.  apxs2 was written to modify httpd.conf, and it has a known
'issue' in its parsing of httpd.conf.  It absolutely requires at least one
LoadModule line (it can be commented out), but even worse, it absolutely
requires at least one commented line above the LoadModule line.  So, find your
httpd.conf file (it's in /etc/apache2/ on Ubuntu) and add the following lines
to it (the file may be blank, and I think you can add the lines anywhere, but I
always added them to the top):

# This is here for apxs compatibility (and this comment is required!)
#LoadModule mod_placeholder /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_placeholder.so

Let us know if it helps,
DW