[OPEN-ILS-DEV] OpenSRF installation problems

Hennie Rautenbach hennie at sabinet.co.za
Sat May 5 04:27:40 EDT 2007

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven wrote:
> -On [20070504 07:19], Hennie Rautenbach (hennie at sabinet.co.za) wrote:
>
>> Appears I have hit a dead-end with this problem. No-one else seem to have
>> encountered it. Guess it relates to Debian Stable then. I am not keen to try
>> Ubuntu. Any other recommended versions of Linux I can give a try ?
>>

> Basically what it does in OpenSRF/src/gateway is:
>
> apxs(2) -i -a -n osrf_json_gateway osrf_json_gateway.so
>
> Which would result in a line in your Apache's httpd.conf as follows:
>
> LoadModule osrf_json_gateway libexec/apache22/osrf_json_gateway.so
>
> And placing that osrf_json_gateway.so into /usr/local/libexec/apache22 (or
> whatever is configured for your system).
>
> I cannot find in any of your emails where your Apache's httpd.conf supposedly
> resides on your system.

There was no httpd.conf in the standard apache2 installation in Debian.

The Modules are copied into /usr/lib/apache2/modules. The
"evergreen.load" file is copied into /etc/apache2/mods-available ! A
symbolic link is created (/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/evergreen.load to
/etc/apache2/mods-available/evergreen.load) for the modules that are
required when apache fires up.

On my server the contents of the evergreen.load file in
/etc/apache2/mods-available directory (folder) are::

leo:/etc/apache2/mods-available# cat evergreen.load
LoadModule osrf_json_gateway_module
/usr/lib/apache2/modules/osrf_json_gateway.so
LoadModule xmlent_module      /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_xmlent.so

These modules exist in: /usr/lib/apache2/modules

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   33450 2007-05-05 08:35 mod_xmlent.so
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   66450 2007-05-05 08:35 osrf_json_gateway.so

What confuses me is the following suggestion from Dan Scott <two weeks ago>:

 > Check the contents of /openils/lib/perl5 - you should find an OpenSRF
 > subdirectory containing Ex.pm, among others.

I have no such folder and can't locate a file  Ex.pm anywhere on the
system. Not sure if this fell away with Evergreen-ILS-1.0.5.0

Regards,

Hennie