[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ejabberd on Debian Etch

Hennie Rautenbach hennie at sabinet.co.za
Mon May 7 14:37:02 EDT 2007

Hi there,

Where can I get the instructions on how to add users to ejabberd ?

register.pl is no longer part of the CVS,

The doc on the wiki states:

        Using Ejabberd

   1.
      Start the server. On debian, this is done “/etc/init.d/ejabberd
      restart”
   2.
      Register users. You need at least a “router” user for the router
      service to use. It’s also wise to create a user for each basic
      functional unit of the ILS.
          *
            We register the following users:
               1.
                  “router” - For the router service. This is the only
                  connection where the actual name matters. Other
                  services need to know the name in order to
                  communication with OpenSRF.
               2.
                  “gateway” - for the apache gatway
               3.
                  “osrf” - for all generic opensrf application and
                  client connections
               4.
                  “srfsh” - for srfsh logins
          *
            You can register users with various methods.
               1.
                   From CVS, OpenSRF/examples/register.pl is a simple
                  way to register new users. It requires the Net::Jabber
                  perl module.
          *

Regards,

Hennie