[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Import data from Voyager

Don Hamilton dhamilton at wlu.ca
Thu May 10 10:13:41 EDT 2007

Hi Don and Jason.

I asked a similar question on the GENERAL list two days ago, with no response. Glad to see someone else interested. I did talk to Art Rhyno, at Windsor, and they have not yet done a voyager load... but are keen to use one if one develops.

Jason, I know very little pines, and ours isn't actually running yet. But I am keen for a converter/loader, especially the bibliographic side, and would be planning a hook back to circulation once the data is loaded. I do know enough of the voyager backend to help you with that if you need it.

don

ps. Can you only jump ship from voyager if you are moving to a wooden ship made from fir trees?

Don McMorris wrote:
> HI Jason:
>
> To my knowledge, there HASN'T been a complete import from Voyager to
> date.  I believe there are some scripts in the source tree that can be
> used as a starting point to help you import the data.
>
> --Don
>
> On 5/9/07, Jason Zou <qzou at lakeheadu.ca> wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Is there anybody imported data from Voyager before? I am going to start
>> pouring data in my newly installed Evergreen. But I don't want to invent
>> wheel again.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jason Zou

Thanks Don,

In this case, I have to use Perl write some scripts. Anyway, it will be
a good opportunity to learn Evergreen a bit.

Jason Zou