[OPEN-ILS-DEV] am I close?

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at in-nomine.org
Thu May 10 15:11:13 EDT 2007

-On [20070510 20:51], Don McMorris (don.mcmorris at gmail.com) wrote:
> Just to answer Hennie's question about library search path.  There are
> a couple ways to do this...  My preference is to add an entry to
> /etc/ld.so.conf (or your specific distro's implementation of it).
> There have also been other suggestions, and a search of the archives
> should help here.

As a toolchain guy I want to pipe up and say that anybody using
LD_LIBRARY_PATH deserves to be keelhauled. (Pet peeve for a lot of reasons.)

What Don suggests here using /etc/ld.so.conf or FreeBSD's /etc/rc.conf's
ldconfig_paths="" is the right thing to do.

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
http://www.in-nomine.org/ | http://www.rangaku.org/
Relativity teaches us the connection between the different descriptions
of one and the same reality...