[OPEN-ILS-DEV] am I close?

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at in-nomine.org
Thu May 10 15:22:11 EDT 2007

-On [20070510 21:19], Don McMorris (don.mcmorris at gmail.com) wrote:
> Just to ensure I'm understanding proper, the "export LD_..." should
> potentially be replaced with "export LDFLAGS=-R/openils/libs"?

Should be replaced actually.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH is a long path down the slippery slope, since you will start
to compile this globally into every compilation you do.

Using LDFLAGS=-R or the -Wl,-rpath solution is a less evil solution since it
confines the problem and solution to the compiled binaries and not globally.

> Again, my apologies for my lack of detailed understanding.  Thanks
> again for your input!

No worries. I am not being fully coherent today.

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
http://www.in-nomine.org/ | http://www.rangaku.org/
Gott weiss Ich will kein Engel sein...