[OPEN-ILS-DEV] LD_LIBRARY_PATH Discussion

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Mon May 14 14:38:34 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm starting a new thread rather than continuing to hijack the old one.

>Mike Rylander said:
>Second, and really only for explanation's sake, some .so's don't start
>with lib because they are only ever dlopen'd, meaning that they'll
>never be linked directly into any program or library.

If I do not set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH, I get a bunch of errors like this:
Failed to dlopen library file oils_cstore.so: oils_cstore.so: cannot open

Is there another way to address these issues, or is this an acceptable use of
this variable?  Should I use DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH or even
DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH instead to catch these non-linked shared object
files which are not caught by ldconfig?

Thanks,
DW