[OPEN-ILS-DEV] LD_LIBRARY_PATH Discussion

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at in-nomine.org
Mon May 14 15:09:28 EDT 2007

-On [20070514 20:39], Dan Wells (dbw2 at calvin.edu) wrote:
>If I do not set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH, I get a bunch of errors like this:
>Failed to dlopen library file oils_cstore.so: oils_cstore.so: cannot open
>shared object file: No such file or directory

As far as I understand, and I can be quite wrong here, files such as
oils_cstore.so are more like plugins. As such it makes no sense to even have
ldconfig pick them up.

>Is there another way to address these issues, or is this an acceptable use of
>this variable?  Should I use DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH or even
>DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH instead to catch these non-linked shared object
>files which are not caught by ldconfig?

Compiling the application with -rpath to the location of the shared objects.

You can set the variable in the mean time if you like, just make sure it's not
set globally, but only for your scripts starting OpenILS.

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
http://www.in-nomine.org/ | http://www.rangaku.org/
Hope springs eternal...