[OPEN-ILS-DEV] cstore problem

Don McMorris don.mcmorris at gmail.com
Mon May 14 18:51:41 EDT 2007

Hi Rene:

I'm going to focus on this line:
open-ils.cstore 2007-05-14 12:43:34 [ERR :5882:oils_cstore.c:243:] Error
and start troubleshooting from there.

First, I want to make sure the PostgreSQL server is functioning right
and that the evergreen database is populated properly.  To do this:
root# su postgres -c "psql -h tamarak -p 5432 -U evergreen evergreen"
evergreen> \z
evergreen> \q
root#
Note that some of this may be redundant (IE: a couple options are
default), but just to check.
There have been reports in the past that the postgres database wasn't
populating correctly, so if there seems to be a small number of
tables, this could cause your issue (although I believe this was
determined to be caused by a bug that has long since been fixed).  If
you're comfortable, pasting the output may be of help.

Assuming that the above works, my next step would be to verify the
DBD::Pg module is working at least partially correct.  You _should_ be
able to do this as follows (note: I'm not a big Perl guy _yet_, but am
learning):

perl -MDBD::Pg -e
'DBI->connect("dbi:Pg:dbname=evergreen;host=tamarak;port=5432;",
"evergreen", "$password", {AutoCommit => 0});'

(Another note, you may want to wait and see what others think of the
above command... It _could_ potentially break something I guess...)

Let us know how you make out or what you end up with!

--Don