[OPEN-ILS-DEV] login problem with Evergreen and LVS -- SOLVED

dkyle dkyle at grpl.org
Tue May 22 17:37:05 EDT 2007

Sure.  We are not using VMWare.  We're using pgpool 1 and Postgres on
FreeBSD 6.2 boxes, we are replicating - round robin for queries and
insert/update copy from primary to secondary.  The EG boxes (real
servers in LVS speak) are FC 6 using the arp_announce/arp_ignore sysctl
to squelch arp responses for the virtual IP.  The load balancing server
is currently LVS on FC 6 using direct route forwarding, and with a
single virtual service configured for the virtual IP.

We'll be testing FreeBSD for load balancing also, and setting up
mulitple load balance servers with automatic fail over.  Sounds like we
have some memcache work to do now too.  It's currently a simple test
setup, all on the same subnet - all on the same empty empty desk in the
corner.