[OPEN-ILS-DEV] import data from voyager

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Thu May 24 10:57:32 EDT 2007

On 5/24/07, Jason Zou <qzou at lakeheadu.ca> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> By using scripts in the Open-ILS/src/extra/import/, I imported about
> 11,000 MARC records. Although the process was very slow, it seems that
> it is working. And records have been added into the following tables:
>           biblio.record_entry
>           metabib.rec_descriptor
>           metabib.full_rec
>           metabib.title_field_entry
>           metabib.author_field_entry
>           metabib.subject_field_entry
>           metabib.keyword_field_entry
>           metabib.series_field_entry
>
> But when I tried to use OPAC to find some records, I always got nothing.
> I am wondering whether there are something that I missed out.
>
> Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

By default, records are required to have items attached in order to be
visible in the public opac -- though they will show up inside the
Staff Client with shading to indicate that they aren't publicly
visible.  If that's of no concern in this case, you can run the
following directly against the database:

evergreen# UPDATE biblio.record_entry SET source = 3;
evergreen# VACUUM ANALYZE biblio.record_entry;

The second statement isn't strictly required, but it's a good idea.
In fact, if you haven't already, you probably want to just go ahead
and run

evergreen# VACUUM ANALYZE VERBOSE;

to clean up everything.

Anyway, what the UPDATE does it make the records as "transcendent" so
they will show up in every location, with or without holdings
attached.  The main use case is for globally available electronic
materials, and the functionality will probably end up being extended
to be location-specific.

--miker