[OPEN-ILS-DEV] import data from voyager

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at in-nomine.org
Thu May 24 16:34:24 EDT 2007

-On [20070524 22:32], Jason Zou (qzou at lakeheadu.ca) wrote:
> Thanks. I just want to see how fast the importing will be. I exported 12,343
> records from our Voyager database. It took me about 1.5 hours to load them
> into Evergreen.
> In comparison with the converting process, surprisingly, it only took one
> minute or less to store records into Pg database.

There's always the case that the way you are doing the conversion is flawed
somewhere and giving you such long times. Especially SQL can be very finicky
for optimizations.

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
http://www.in-nomine.org/ | http://www.rangaku.org/
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice...