[OPEN-ILS-DEV] PATCH: XML schema for fm_IDL.xml + persistance -> persistence

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Sat May 26 23:01:25 EDT 2007

I read a few of the changelog entries where Mike was using xmllint to
ensure that fm_IDL.xml was well-formed XML, and thought "Hey, maybe a
schema would help tighten things up further."

So here's a patch (well, one patch plus one new file) to change the
namespace declaration for the Open-ILS persistence XML objects to fix
a typo (persistance -> persistence) along with a few other typos in
fm_IDL.xml, and to add an XML Schema (fm_IDL.xsd) for validating the
fm_IDL.xml file.

I'm sure the schema could be improved - I haven't dealt much with
creating schemas for XML documents that pull in attributes from
multiple namespaces, so I dealt with that using <xs:anyAttribute
namespace="##other" processContents="skip"/> for now - but hopefully
it's still helpful.

Developer's Certificate of Origin 1.1
By making a contribution to this project, I certify that:
(a) The contribution was created in whole or in part by me and I have
the right to submit it under the open source license indicated in the
file; or
(b) The contribution is based upon previous work that, to the best of
my knowledge, is covered under an appropriate open source license and
I have the right under that license to submit that work with
modifications, whether created in whole or in part by me, under the
same open source license (unless I am permitted to submit under a
different license), as indicated in the file; or
(c) The contribution was provided directly to me by some other person
who certified (a), (b) or (c) and I have not modified it; and
(d) In the case of each of (a), (b), or (c), I understand and agree
that this project and the contribution are public and that a record of
the contribution (including all personal information I submit with it,
including my sign-off) is maintained indefinitely and may be
redistributed consistent with this project or the open source license
indicated in the file.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University