[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Missing Object method

Don Hamilton dhamilton at wlu.ca
Tue May 29 12:47:29 EDT 2007

Thanks Dan and Mike.

One small step forward, I think...

Ok, I see I'm at version 0.95, not 97. So I go back to the ubuntu
install docs, see how to do a CPAN update, do that, it tells me that .97
is now installed, but I still see .95 when I re-run the  perl
-MMARC::Charset -e 'print "$MARC::Charset::VERSION\n";' command... and I
still get the original error message...

So now I either don't know how to do a CPAN update (probably) or I'm
involved with the "ld-path" problem which I've been ignoring for the
past few days...

Where to go next, please!

don

On 28/05/07, Mike Rylander <mrylander at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/28/07, Don Hamilton <dhamilton at wlu.ca> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all.
> >
> > As I mentioned last week, we have Evergreen running to the point
where we 1)
> > get no startup errors and 2) can do a (very fast!) search on an
empty
> > database and get an empty results screen with no errors logged.
> >
J> > Now I'm trying to follow the 'load the Gutenberg catalog' example
(Thanks,
> > Dan!).. I get as far as the marc2bre step and get "Can't locate
object
> > method "ignore_errors" via package "MARC::Charset" at marc2bre.pl
line 27.".

> The most likely cause for this is an old version of MARC::Charset.
> What is the output of the command
>
> $ perl -MMARC::Charset -e 'print "$MARC::Charset::VERSION\n";'
>
> On a related note, there is a fairly important fix to the code table
> compiler for M::Cs in version 0.97, so I would suggest upgrading to
> that, if you're not already there.

Just an FYI: I added this information to the Gutenberg instructions in
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-admin:importing:bibrecords

Thanks Mike! And thanks, Don, for being a record-loading guinea pig :)
The more people that walk down these paths, the smoother they will
become.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University