[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Network/Server failure, can't get client to connect

Christopher Kupec ckupec at mac.com
Wed May 30 13:08:43 EDT 2007

I'm having issues getting the client and server to work.

So I start up the whole shebang (I followed the Ubuntu 7.04 install guide), and I see this message when I restart openils:

osrf_settings_host_value_object: config pointer is NULL

Which I think is probably bad, then once I fire up the client using the "xulrunner application.ini" command, I eventually get this:

The server is cool, 200's for both, but then this upon login:

exiting main_init()
server url = http://eg-server.main.chelmsfordlibrary.org
server url = http://eg-server.main.chelmsfordlibrary.org
version url = http://eg-server.main.chelmsfordlibrary.org/xul/12345/server/
version url = http://eg-server.main.chelmsfordlibrary.org/xul/12345/server/
1180544462641   delta = 26432   D_AUTH
login with evergreen and everPass at eg-server.main.chelmsfordlibrary.org

1180544462642   delta = 1       D_AUTH
auth.controller.session.on_init = auth.controller.on_login

1180544462643   delta = 26073   D_SES
request open-ils.auth open-ils.auth.authenticate.init "evergreen"
o_params = undefined
secure = undefined
Result #1 synced
1180544522826   delta = 60183   D_SES_RESULT
synced result #1

null

Original Request:

request open-ils.auth open-ils.auth.authenticate.init "evergreen"
1180544522829   delta = 3       D_ERROR
setting network_failure_status_string: TypeError: obj.NETWORK_FAILURE has no properties
1180544522829   delta = 0       D_SES_ERROR
Network/server failure.  Please check your Internet connection to undefined and choose Retry Network.  If you need to enter Offline Mode, choose Ignore Errors in this and subsequent dialogs.  If you believe this error is due to a bug in Evergreen and not network problems, please contact your helpdesk or friendly Evergreen admins, and give them this information:
method=open-ils.auth.authenticate.init
params=["evergreen"]
THROWN:
null
STATUS:

yns_alert:
        s = Network/server failure.  Please check your Internet connection to undefined and choose Retry Network.  If you need to enter Offline Mode, choose Ignore Errors in this and subsequent dialogs.  If you believe this error is due to a bug in Evergreen and not network problems, please contact your helpdesk or friendly Evergreen admins, and give them this information:
method=open-ils.auth.authenticate.init
params=["evergreen"]
THROWN:
null
STATUS:

        title = Network Failure
        b1 = Retry Network
        b2 = Ignore Errors
        b3 = null
        c = Check here to confirm this message
url = [xpconnect wrapped nsIURL]
GConf Error: Bad key or directory name: "/desktop/gnome/url-handlers//command": Can't have two slashes (/) in a row
play_url(): [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x804b0012 [nsISound.play]"  nsresult: "0x804b0012 (<unknown>)"  location: "JS frame :: chrome://open_ils_staff_client/content/main/JSAN.js :: anonymous :: line 249"  data: no]

Chris Kupec