[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Organisational units

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at in-nomine.org
Fri Nov 2 09:19:13 EDT 2007

-On [20071102 14:10], Pierre Nault (pierrenault at gmail.com) wrote:
>Sure, with the W3C HTML validator it gives me the same information (that is,
>Apache is throwing out UTF-8). That doesn't explain why, when I change the
>encoding in my browser to ISO-8859-1, the strange characters disapear...

Given the fact this only happens for the accented characters and not the ASCII
ones and subsequently they get mapped to .notdef glyphs tells me that:

1) The file that's being read is NOT in UTF8.
2) The intermediate code is doing a double encoding conversion somewhere and
it messes up.

Any chance of you sending me that file, I can very quickly determine the
encoding.

>Like I said in another email (and you mention it), there is no doctype in the
>web page and the MIME-type for an XML document should'nt be text/html but at
>least text/xml ( http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-media-types/#text-html), better :
>application/xhtml+xml.

Given the state of IE we would not want to use application/xhtml+xml.

And yes, I was aware of the text/html, given how that page can easily be
pushed out as .html with xhtml on the inside.

text/xml might also be better, I just have no idea how it impacts the browser
rendering choice.

But we digress...

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
http://www.in-nomine.org/ | http://www.rangaku.org/
I succeed him; no one could replace him...