[OPEN-ILS-DEV] oils_utils.h et alia

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 00:30:48 EST 2007

On Nov 14, 2007 12:00 AM, Scott McKellar <mck9 at swbell.net> wrote:
> Where is oils_utils.h supposed to reside?  ...and where or what is
> the openils directory?
>
> In ils/trunk/ the only file by named oils_utils.h is in
> Open-ILS/src/c-apps/, where also reside four .c files that #include it.
>
> However the file Open-ILS/src/extras/oils_requestor.c #includes
> "openils/oils_utils.h".  I see no directory named "openils" in the
> repository trunk.
>
> Elsewhere I see references to other header files in this non-existent
> directory: idl_fieldmapper.h, fieldmapper_lookup.h, and oils_event.h.
> Of these, two are in the c-apps directory and another is in the
> apachemods directory.
>
> What's up with that?  Unless you have some funky links that aren't
> reflected in the repository, I don't see how some of these files
> can even compile.

These are moved into a single temp dir by the build process and (by
default, during the build) live in trunk/ILS/.tmp/

My understanding of Bill's purpose there was to keep everything in one
place at build time to reduce confusion back when a whole lot more was
being built in the ILS tree -- back when OpenSRF and Evergreen were in
one repo.

Bill?