[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Re: Localization framework status

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at in-nomine.org
Tue Nov 20 05:25:25 EST 2007

-On [20071120 02:51], Dan Scott (denials at gmail.com) wrote:
>Note that we now have a set of POT files in build/i18n/po/ that
>translators can start working with.

Why does newpo still create the .po file(s) from the DTDs? A .po file is
created from a .pot. :)

pot2po will take the .pot file and create a .po file, merging in any
translations already present.

So normally you'd extract the messages you want from the DTDs to the .pot and
then commit the .pot and have translators work from the committed .pot in
order to have proper versioned collected files to work from. This keeps
tighter grip on the entire translation effort.

In this case I am a bit spoilt by Babel, since it fills in LANGUAGE in
Language-Team. Then again, pot2po does not require any locale argument.

Also, the Project-Id-Version needs to be filled in in the .pot.

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
http://www.in-nomine.org/ | http://www.rangaku.org/
Without a soul there can be no understanding between the heart and the mind.