[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Question about Evergreen database

Scott McKellar mck9 at swbell.net
Thu Nov 22 14:54:38 EST 2007

Not being a librarian, and knowing little about how libraries work,
I haven't paid a lot of attention to the OILS-specific parts of the
code base.  However I do have a question.

Suppose I check out a book, and return it a week later.  Does
Evergreen remember that I checked it out at one time?  Or does it
just note that the book is back in circulation, available to be lent
to another patron?

To address the issue a different way: is it possible (either through
existing tools or through customized ad hoc queries) to answer
questions such as the following:

1. Who checked out Moby Dick over the last year?

2. What books, or other items, did Suzie Grimshaw check out in March
of 2007?

I am not asking so much about the existing tools, but about whether
the database retains this kind of patron-level usage history in the
first place.

Scott McKellar
http://home.swbell.net/mck9/ct/