[OPEN-ILS-DEV] PATCH: osrf_app_session.[ch] (misc. cleanup)

Scott McKellar mck9 at swbell.net
Fri Nov 23 16:40:39 EST 2007

These patches are a motley collection of cleanups.  Summary:

1. Shift toward a camel case style of identifiers.

2. Make functions static when they are not called from elsewhere.

3. Populate all members in newly-allocated structs.

4. Add a couple of consts.

Details:

1. We have two redundant typdefs. I replaced all references to the
lower_case_with_underscores version with references to the camelCase
versions (while keeping the obsolescent typedefs themselves):

    osrf_app_request ==> osrfAppRequest
    osrf_app_session ==> osrfAppSession

2. I deleted the prototypes of two functions that are nowhere
referenced or even defined:

    _osrf_app_session_get_request()
    _osrf_app_session_push_request()

3. I eliminated osrf_app_session_make_locale_req(), replacing it
with the equivalent osrfAppSessionMakeLocaleRequest function.  No
other file references the former.

4. I made the following functions static, and removed their
prototypes from the header, since none is referenced from any other
file:

    osrfAppSessionMakeLocaleRequest()
    osrfAppSessionSendBatch()
    all remaining functions with a leading underscore

5. I explicitly initialized the stateless and session_locale members
of osrfAppSession.

6. I added the const qualifier to a couple of parameters of
osrfAppSessionStatus().

Scott McKellar
http://home.swbell.net/mck9/ct/

Developer's Certificate of Origin 1.1 By making a contribution to
this project, I certify that:

(a) The contribution was created in whole or in part by me and I
have the right to submit it under the open source license indicated
in the file; or

(b) The contribution is based upon previous work that, to the best
of my knowledge, is covered under an appropriate open source license
and I have the right under that license to submit that work with
modifications, whether created in whole or in part by me, under the
same open source license (unless I am permitted to submit under a
different license), as indicated in the file; or

(c) The contribution was provided directly to me by some other person
who certified (a), (b) or (c) and I have not modified it; and

(d) In the case of each of (a), (b), or (c), I understand and agree
that this project and the contribution are public and that a record
of the contribution (including all personal information I submit
with it, including my sign-off) is maintained indefinitely and may
be redistributed consistent with this project or the open source
license indicated in the file.