[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Error adding gutenburg records

Don McMorris don.mcmorris at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 23:48:28 EDT 2007

It seems to me that there may be a problem loading the OpenSRF
modules.  To get a list of those modules that are loaded, run srfsh
and enter the following:
request router opensrf.router.info.class.list

A complete list might look something like:
opensrf at core% srfsh
srfsh# request router opensrf.router.info.class.list

Received Data: [
   "open-ils.cstore",
   "open-ils.ingest",
   "open-ils.collections",
   "open-ils.reporter-store",
   "open-ils.storage",
   "open-ils.reporter",
   "open-ils.cat",
   "open-ils.actor",
   "open-ils.auth",
   "open-ils.penalty",
   "opensrf.dbmath",
   "open-ils.circ",
   "opensrf.math",
   "open-ils.search",
   "opensrf.settings",
   "open-ils.supercat"
]
------------------------------------
Request Completed Successfully
Request Time in seconds: 0.039344
------------------------------------
srfsh#

If you only have the following:
opensrf.math
opensrf.dbmath
open-ils.cat
open-ils.search
open-ils.circ
open-ils.actor
open-ils.auth
open-ils.collections
but not:
opensrf.settings
open-ils.supercat
open-ils.storage
open-ils.penalty
open-ils.cstore
open-ils.ingest
open-ils.reporter
open-ils.reporter-store
then it's quite likely that the <hosts> section of opensrf.xml has an
incorrect hostname.

If you don't have any of:
   "open-ils.ingest",
   "open-ils.collections",
   "open-ils.storage",
   "open-ils.reporter",
   "open-ils.actor",
   "open-ils.penalty",
   "open-ils.circ",
   "open-ils.search",
   "opensrf.settings",
   "open-ils.supercat"
then it's likely your perl workers aren't loading properly.
If you have those and nothing else, it's likely that your C services
aren't starting.

If you can't determine the exact issue, it would probably be helpful
if you turn your log levels up to 4 or 5, restart services, try your
function again, and send us the logs on failure.  To restart services:
osrf_ctl.sh -d /tmp/ -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a stop_all
osrf_ctl.sh -d /tmp/ -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_all
Note that there are some rare reports of a race condition preventing
the system from starting up all at once.  If you suspect your system
is having trouble starting, you can start the services individually
(pausing in between the steps):
osrf_ctl.sh -d /tmp/ -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_router
osrf_ctl.sh -d /tmp/ -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_perl
osrf_ctl.sh -d /tmp/ -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_c

A quick way to send us the configuration and logs is to do the following:
user$ su opensrf
opensrf$ mkdir /tmp/openils
opensrf$ cp -Rv /openils/{var/log,conf} /tmp/openils
opensrf$ cd /tmp/openils/conf
/* Take this moment to go through the conf and sanitize it of any
sensitive passwords */
opensrf$ cd /tmp
opensrf$ tar -cjf openils.tar.bz2 openils/
Then you can simply send the openils.tar.bz2 file.

Hope this helps.  Good Luck!
--Don