[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Hi all,

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 10:31:59 EDT 2007

On 10/7/07, Grant Johnson <fgjohnson at upei.ca> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I get the following error starting opensrf.
> And the exponentially growing log follows!
>
> fqdn = eg-server.dept.domain.ca
> should domain be dept.domain.ca or just domain.ca

When you say "domain" here, I assume you are referring to the
config file.  If that assumption is correct then that means the
jabber/xmpp domain, which is not quite the same as the DNS domain.
While is can be set up differently, the best (and least complicated)
practice is to set the jabber/xmpp domain to be exactly the same as
the hostname that the jabber/xmpp server is running on.  In your case
(a single server installation) that would be the fqdn of your box,
eg-server.dept.domain.ca.