[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Should the Feature Tree use the RFP Writer's Guide?

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 22:12:05 EDT 2007

On 09/10/2007, Ben Ostrowsky <benostrowsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> "The RFP Writer's Guide to Standards for Library Systems" seems to
> have an abundance of descriptions of ILS functionality.  Would it be a
> good starting point for the Feature Tree?
>
> http://www.niso.org/standards/resources/RFP_Writers_Guide.pdf

Note that the FAQ section "for librarians"
(http://open-ils.org/faq.php#librarians) goes into more depth on
Evergreen features than the wiki page does.

The NISO guide is an interesting resource - thanks for pointing that out, Ben.

> Incidentally, the Feature Tree page on the wiki links to
> http://open-ils.org/listserv.html, which is no longer accurate.  If I
> should happen to earn wiki access, I'd be able to change that to
> http://open-ils.org/listserv.php.

I've fixed the relevant link. I think "earning wiki access" is pretty
much documented here:
http://open-ils.org/documentation/contributing.html#Documentation%20Contribution
- which I think works out to a process roughly like: contribute
suggested fixes / additions to the docs via mailing list or IRC for a
while until it's clear you've got a good handle on the project. So
you're on the road.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University