[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Re: Ejabberd and Ubuntu (Dan Wells)

Pierre Nault pierrenault at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 11:15:52 EDT 2007

Hello Dan,

     Thanks for the infos, ejabberd is now working and listening on the 5222
port. I have registered the two accounts and it worked. But something is not
clear : you said that I have to change the ejabberd.cfg file to something
like this :
{hosts, ["localhost","your.domain.name.goes.here"]}.
 The strong characters surprised me : correct me if I'm wrong but they
equals the result of the command "hostname -d". In the documentation (
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=installing_evergreen_on_ubuntu_7.04)