[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Re:RE: Ejabberd and Ubuntu

Pierre Nault pierrenault at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 15:27:44 EDT 2007

Hello Dan,

      Yes, it worked : I registered the two accounts, the upper case letters
seems to be the problem. After registering the accounts, I tried to start
Open SRF but it give me the same error message. Then I remembered that the
capital letters were everywhere (opensrf.xml, opensrf_core.xml, .srfsh.xml).
I modified these files, restart Opens SRF: same error message. I change the
/etc/hosts and /etc/hostname files, reboot the machine. After that, ejabberd
was dead : the command sudo ejabberdctl status returned:
Node 'ejabberd at cobaye-ti' is started. Status: started
ejabberd is not running
Nothing on any ports (5222, 5223, 5269). Strange, as I just change the
capital letters. Euh.. this is an entirely new problem.

I tried to register an account, it give me that message:
RPC failed on the node 'ejabberd at cobaye-ti': {'EXIT',
                                                 {badarg,
                                                     [{erlang,
                                                          port_control,
                                                          [stringprep_port,
                                                           1,
                                                           "
cobaye-ti.bib.uqam.ca"]},

{stringprep,control,2},
                                                      {jlib,nameprep,1},
                                                      {ejabberd_auth,
                                                          auth_modules,
                                                          1},
                                                      {ejabberd_auth,
                                                          is_user_exists,
                                                          2},
                                                      {ejabberd_auth,
                                                          try_register,
                                                          3},

{ejabberd_ctl,process,1},
                                                      {rpc,

'-handle_call/3-fun-0-',
                                                          5}]}}

I put the ejabberd sasl log file (
http://www.bibliotheques.uqam.ca/flash_bugs/sasl2.txt). Do I have to
reinstall Evergreen (step 20) to change the capital letters in the
bootstrapping database host (cobaye-TI.bib.uqam.ca) ?

Thanks,

Pierre Nault

--
What do you call a cyclist who doesn't wear a helmet?  An organ
donor.  ~David Perry