[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Editing the Oganizational Unit types

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 22:15:44 EDT 2007

On 10/24/07, Roberge, Pierre <roberge.pierre at uqam.ca> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have trouble editing 'Organizational Unit Type' via the web interface. Sometimes when I flag a line for deletion and press on the 'Remove selected' button, I am ejected to the bootstrapping home page. When I get back to the editing page, the line is still there. Here's an extraction of the related postgreSQL table. The line that I try to delete has a SysID of '5'.
>

> 1       Consortium      Everywhere      0               False   False
> 2       Institution     Institution     1       1       False   False
> 7       Biblio  Bibliothèque    2       2       True    True
> 4       Secteur Secteur 3       7       True    True
> 3       Collection      Collection      4       7       True    True
> 5       LocSpec Localisation    4       3       True    True
>
> Anybody has experimented the same problem ?

I haven't seen that particular problem, but there are some known
issues with them.  They are (hopefully/thankfully) rapidly approaching
the end of their lives.

> Also, is it feasible to edit directly the underlying table without damage ?

There's no problem with that at all.  Feasiblity will depend on how
comfortable you are with psql, but the table you want is called
actor.org_unit_type .

DELETE FROM actor.org_unit_type WHERE id = 5;

would do the trick.