[OPEN-ILS-DEV] reporter problems

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Thu Oct 25 15:26:23 EDT 2007

Mike Rylander wrote:
> On 10/25/07, Dan Scott <denials at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Bill:
>>
>> Apparently you have to run clark-kent.pl (reporter, get it? hah) for
>> the reports to actually run.
>
> And the easiest way to make that happen is something like
>
> su opensrf -c 'PERL5LIB=/openils/lib/perl5/ /openils/bin/clark-kent.pl -c 4 -d'
>
> as long as opensrf owns the report output directory.  The -c param is
> the concurrency (four reports at a time in that command line) and -d
> tells it to daemonize itself.  You may want to drop the concurrency to
> 1 if you're on a 1 or 2 core box.
>
> Your error messages suggest that you have not created subfolders under
> "my templates" and friends in which to place your reports, though.

One other thing...  The <reporter> config in opensrf.xml has a setting
called <output_base>, which defines where the output files are stored on
the local machine (mentioned above).  This defaults to
/openils/var/reporter/output

The reporting interface (in the staff client) expects the output to live
at http://<host>/reporter/

In a multi-box environment, with the reporter running on a different
machine, a common setup is to NFS mount the output folder on the
reporter box from within the web directory:

e.g fstab:

<host>:/openils/var/reporter/output /openils/var/web/reporter nfs ro 0 0

However, if this is a single-box install, changing <output_base> to
/openils/var/web/reporter is probably the simplest solution.

Regarding the NOT_FOUND events, those are not necessarily a bad thing.
In this case, it may be looking for folders that other users have
shared, which probably don't exist yet.

-bill

--
Bill Erickson