[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Organisational units

Roberge, Pierre roberge.pierre at uqam.ca
Thu Oct 25 21:00:20 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I experiment a discrepancy between what is presented in bootstrapping 'Organisational units - Library hierarchy setup' Web form, what's in the database (actor.org_unit), and what is presented by the OPAC itself. Have a look:

=== Bootstrapping - Organisational units ===

Consortium
	Example System 2
	Example Branch 3
	Example Branch 4
Université du Québec à Montréal
	Bibliothèque Centrale
		Audio-visuel
		Collection générale
Bibliothèque des arts
Bibliothèque des sciences

=== Database - actor.org_unit table ===

SYS2	Example System 2			True
BR3	Example Branch 3			True
BR4	Example Branch 4			True
CONS	Consortium			True
	UQAM	Université du Québec à Montréal			True
		C	Bibliothèque Centrale			True
			AV	Audio-visuel			True
			G	Collection générale			True
		A	Bibliothèque des arts			True
		SC	Bibliothèque des sciences			True

=== OPAC menu ===

Consortium
	Example System 2
	Example Branch 3
	Example Bookmobile 1
	Example Branch 4
	Universit� du Qu�bec � Montr�al
	Example Branch 1
	Example Sub-lib 1
	Example Branch 2

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have to mention that that the Apache server and the database have been rebooted, so I don’t understand why the values are not the same everywhere. Also, these values persist even if I flush the browser cache and reload the page. Strange. Isn't it?

Finally, I noticed that the OPAC pages are delivered with an ISO 8859-1 encoding. The pages are not explicitely referring to a character set.

Did someone experimented something like that?

Pierre Roberge
Directeur des technologies de l'information
Service des bibliothèques
Université du Québec à Montréal
Case postale 8889, succ. Centre-Ville
Montréal, Qc