[OPEN-ILS-DEV] permission table not created

Bill Russell brussell.ls at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 22:36:43 EDT 2007

Hi Dan,

Quick update.

I dropped the Evergreen database and redid step 19.

As you suggested, I'd missed a step.

My "I did this" log showed that I had executed
    psql template1 < /usr/share/postgresql/8.2/contrib/tablefunc.sql
but when I did it 'again', the public table and all its functions
magically appeared.  Must have been a beverage moment.

Did run into a small quandary executing the database build script.  To
sh build-db.sh {db-host} {db-port} {db-name} {db-user} {db-password}
one needs to add {pg-version} in my case 82.

The build-db script use the postgres version to determine which
000.english.pg??.fts-config.sql file to use.

The rest went fine.  Have the opac and staff client working.  Used the
z39.50 search feature to add a marc record to the system.

Off to read the how to use docs.

again, thanks,
bill

<snip>