[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Blocked pakages.

Noel Goodman goldenchild_gt at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 25 08:54:09 EDT 2007

Hey all,
I'm presently following the installing preq. on gentoo for evergreen guide.
I've encountered blocked packages. when emerging some of the software.

Gentoo documentation suggests how to handle blocked packeages, such as uninstalling one of the packages. I don't want to uninstall anything as yet because I don't know what effect some of those packages have on the entire system function.

How severe would the effect be if I left the conflict with the two packages involved and continued my installation?
Do I need to  carry out the installations step by step as given or can I randomly install components in the event I have a problem with one programme? I don't want to be stalled waiting to fix one installation when I can be installing other programmes.

Any insights would be appreciated.
Thanks

Noel Goodman-University of Guyana

Image by FlamingText.com