[OPEN-ILS-DEV] PROBLEM DOWNLOADING PERL MODULES

Héctor González cacho at genac.org
Thu Sep 27 13:16:48 EDT 2007

Noel Goodman wrote:
> Someone passed on this bit of code:
> ftp -p
>
> I can only assume that's to be used if I'm manually downloading the
> file.  But the downloads that occur after typing Bundle::CPAN occurs
> automatically.
Also, if you are behind a firewall, you should get its IP address and
port, and tell your system about it, say your firewall is at 10.0.0.1
port 3128:

export ftp_proxy=http://10.0.0.1:3128/

this would work with an http based proxy, like squid.  If your shell is
not bash, you'll need to do a couple of commands, like this:

ftp_proxy=http://10.0.0.1:3128/
export ftp_proxy

--
Hector Gonzalez