[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Missing directory

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 16:50:06 EDT 2007

On 27/09/2007, Noel Goodman <goldenchild_gt at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
> I forgot about a little problem I encountered while following the installing
> prereq. on gentoo guide.
> error is at Step 5 under the Installing Apache2 section.
> 5. Copy eg.conf and eg_vhost.conf from ILS/Open-ILS/examples/apache/ into
> the /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/ directory.
>
> I can't seem to locate the directory 'ILS' in my filesystem.
>
> What I did was simply create the eg.conf and eg_vhost.conf files and put the
> data from the links given at step 6 and step 8.
>
> I feel my approach was wrong here.  Can you guys explain how steps 5 to 9
> works.
> _____________________________________
> As for the previous problem with the CPAN, I downloaded the  bundle
> separately, but I want to know where does the terminal put the download and
> its dependencies so I can put then in the same place if i need to do it
> manually and continue with command reload cpan.
>
> Thanks.

Hi Noel:

"ILS" is the generic term for the base directory of the Evergreen
source; for example, if you downloaded the Evergreen source files via
subversion, the actual directory name might be "trunk" (for the most
current development files) or "rel_1_2" (for the 1.2.x branch). If
you're using the files extracted from Evergreen-1.2.0-rc4.tar.gz, the
files will be in a directory named "Evergreen-1.2.0-rc4".

I can add a note to the wiki to explain that more clearly.

As for CPAN, you'll find that the source files get placed in a .cpan/
directory under the home directory of the user that you are using to
issue the CPAN commands.. In the Gentoo instructions, to avoid
conflicting with the system packages, I suggest installing the Perl
modules as the opensrf user and set CPAN config variables to place the
resulting Perl modules and associated files under the /openils/
directory.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University