[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Upgrade EG1.2.1.0 and SRF 0.9

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 14:02:12 EDT 2008

On 02/04/2008, Grant Johnson <FGJohnson at upei.ca> wrote:
> Thanks Dan ----------
>  RTFM I guess... I've never clicked on the Downloads link.

Well, it might not be the most obvious spot to find the information.
Maybe the wiki should have an entry for each release (page name -
"release:1.2.1.4", for example), with the relevant notes about that
release and any required upgrade steps, and the download would link to
that page.

It might be a little redundant but it centralizes information in the
wiki where people expect to find most of the content, at the moment.
And some other projects do the same sort of thing:
http://postgresql.org lists the latest stable releases with "source",
"binary", and "notes" links, with migration instructions being the
first entry for the release notes, and quick links being provided to
previous version release notes (so you can quickly jump from the 8.2.7
through to the 8.2.0 notes to figure out that no migration steps are
required unless you're moving from 8.1.x to 8.2.x).

Eventually I think I would like to move this information into the
Evergreen book... sound good?

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University