[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Checkout and Holds problem

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 09:47:56 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 9:19 AM, Robert Nix <glibrarysystem at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok I take that back Grant. I can update the permissions successfully but
> then about 3 seconds after I do that the boxes become unchecked again with
> no explanation. If I exit out and retrieve the patron again then the
> permissions are back to the way they were before the changes as well. I'm
> not sure what's going on with that. I tried to change all of the permissions
> for myself to applied and Consortium but there was an error when I tried to
> save it. I guess that's the next issue to work on.

A few things:

* You can't change your own permissions, except to make them more restrictive
* You can't give a permission range greater than your own (you can't
give someone Consortium range CREATE_VOLUME if you only have Branch
range yourself)
* You must have the Grant flag to give a permission
* All of the above can be bypassed if you have the EVERYTHING
permission or the super_user field is true on your user entry in the
database

One or more of these is quite certainly your issue.  The only one of
these that the UI does not disallow before hand is the depth
assignment, so I suspect that is the problem.

--miker