[OPEN-ILS-DEV] SPAM: Settings point to libdbi-drivers not being linked against libdbi

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 16:45:06 EDT 2008

On 07/04/2008, Ardeshir Sepahsalar <ardeshir at joymonk.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I wanted to thank the list for any help it might be able to give,
>  greatly appreciated.
>
>  I ran the settings-tester.pl  and it pointed out the following
>
>  Checking libdbi and libdbi-drivers
>   /usr/local/lib/dbd/libdbdpgsql.so
>   was not linked against libdbi - you probably need to compile
>  libdbi-drivers from source with the --enable-libdbi configure switch.
>
>  I've install libdbi by running the following in the same unpacked directory:
>
>  sudo ./autogen.sh
>  ./configure --disable-docs
>  make all
>  sudo make install
>
>  then unpacked libdbi-drivers directory from above update aclocal.m4 by running
>
>  sudo aclocal
>
>  again installed libdbi-drivers by running the following in the same
>  unpacked directory:
>
>  sudo ./autogen.sh
>  ./configure --disable-docs --with-pgsql --enable-libdbi
>  make all
>  sudo make install
>
>  And running settings-tester.pl still gives me the same notice.

This is probably because settings-tester.pl is finding another version
of the libdbi drivers on your system. At this point, it's not the most
important problem that settings-tester.pl has found. See below:

<snip>

>  #######################################
>  ########>>>>>>>>>>> router.log
>  ########################################
>
>  router 2008-04-06 11:54:54 [WARN:3975:socket_bundle.c:269:]
>  socket_open_tcp_client(): Cannot connect to server 10.3.3.201:
>  Connection refused

This is bad. Do you have a mix of IP addresses and hostnames in
opensrf_core.xml and opensrf.xml? I see www.mplib.org, 10.3.30.[lots],
ubuntu.mpls.lib.mn.us ... lots of different hostnames. When
configuring Jabber you want to start very simple (a single hostname -
probably localhost to begin with) and work your way up to more complex
configurations gradually.

Also, in the apache error log it was complaining that the actor schema
didn't exist. Once you get the router (Jabber) configuration set up,
you'll need to figure out why the database schema wasn't created as
expected. Maybe it's connecting to a different database? But let's get
the router straightened out first.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University