[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Changing Evergreen Apache Ports

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Mon Apr 14 18:09:37 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 5:38 PM, Ryan Laverdiere <ryan484lav at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone I am now thinking of moving my library system to evergreen. The
> only problem I think we could have is that my ISP will not let me use port 80 for any
> reason. So my question is is that can I change the apache ports and will
> evergreen still work?

Ryan, just from testing this with SSH tunneling, it looks like it
would take some work to support this.  I mapped my localhost port 8080
to port 80 on the demo.gapines.org server and found that some of the
CSS links show up as absolute http://localhost/ links without the
8080.  You also have to contend with encryption via SSL, which uses
yet another port, 443 (https), and you might end up having to disable
encryption (for OPAC and staff client).

We have better luck with the slimpac (the alternate OPAC for screen
readers and mobile devices), which works fine on a different port.

Hrmm. :-(

--
Jason Etheridge