[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Add memory vmware image

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 22:37:11 EDT 2008

Hi Ryan:

On 16/04/2008, Ryan Laverdiere <ryan484lav at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all! I have been using the Debian vmware image for demo testing for a
> while and my computer have 1g of memory available for use so I'm trying to
> find out how I can have the vmware image use the extra 1g.

What VMWare product are you using? Using VMWare Server, you should be
able to right-click on the vmware image in the VMWare Console (before
you've actually started the image) and modify hardware settings -
including allocating more RAM. When you start up the image, those
settings should then take effect.

Note that you will want meed to retain some memory for your host
system - so if your host system has 1 GB of RAM total, you may only be
able to allocate 786 MB of RAM to your Debian guest image.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University