[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Simplifying Ubuntu install documentation - It works

Faiz Ishaq Faiz at szabist.ac.ae
Sat Aug 2 09:28:16 EDT 2008

Hi Dan,

Thanks for all your help. It works fine. I did not start exactly as per
instructions in the last attempt and there may have been a permissions
problem somewhere. Since I had also promised to help test the
instructions, I thought I will start all over again and follow the
instructions exactly. I am enclosing output of the 'starting evergreen'
and 'testing connections' parts. The output of 'settings-tester.pl' is
also attached. It does find a couple of problems but those would be
relatively easy to fix. I don't understand why it cant find the libdbi
drivers. I think they installed OK.

The instructions are perfect! Thanks again. I will get back to completing
this on Monday.

Cheers, Faiz

Here is the output:

root at egs:/etc/apache2/ssl# vi /etc/ld.so.conf.d/eg.conf
root at egs:/etc/apache2/ssl# ldconfig

root at egs:/etc/apache2/ssl# /etc/init.d/ejabberd start
Starting jabber server: ejabberd already running.
root at egs:/etc/apache2/ssl# /etc/init.d/memcached start
Starting memcached: memcached.

root at egs:/etc/apache2/ssl# su - opensrf
opensrf at egs:~$ osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_router
Starting OpenSRF Router
opensrf at egs:~$ osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_perl
Starting OpenSRF Perl
opensrf at egs:~$ osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_c
Starting OpenSRF C (host=egs)

opensrf at egs:~$ cd /openils/bin
opensrf at egs:/openils/bin$ ./autogen.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -u
Updating fieldmapper
Updating web_fieldmapper
Updating OrgTree
removing OrgTree from the cache...
Updating OrgTree HTML
Refreshing proximity of org units
Successfully updated the organization proximity
Done

opensrf at egs:~$ cp /openils/conf/srfsh.xml.example  .srfsh.xml
opensrf at egs:~$ vi .srfsh.xml
opensrf at egs:~$ /openils/bin/srfsh
srfsh# login admin open-ils

Received Data: "1453be86367b7eb0f125af346995a564"

------------------------------------
Request Completed Successfully
Request Time in seconds: 0.057123
------------------------------------

Received Data: {
   "ilsevent":0,
   "textcode":"SUCCESS",
   "desc":" ",
   "pid":10482,
   "stacktrace":"oils_auth.c:305",
   "payload":{
      "authtoken":"c2017defd1aba7f37ea5402944bfc557",
      "authtime":420
   }

}

------------------------------------
Request Completed Successfully
Request Time in seconds: 1.783068
------------------------------------
Login Session: c2017defd1aba7f37ea5402944bfc557.  Session timeout: 420.000000
srfsh# exit
opensrf at egs:~$

opensrf at egs:~/Evergreen-ILS-1.2.2.3/Open-ILS/src/support-scripts$
./settings-tester.pl
LWP::UserAgent version 2.033
XML::LibXML version 1.66
XML::LibXML::XPathContext version 1.66
XML::LibXSLT version 1.59
Net::Server::PreFork version 0.90
Cache::Memcached version 1.20
Class::DBI version 0.96
Class::DBI::AbstractSearch version 0.07
Template version 2.19
DBD::Pg version 1.49
Please install one of the following modules: Net::Z3950 Net::Z3950::ZOOM
MARC::Record version 2.0.0
MARC::Charset version 1.0
MARC::File::XML version 0.88
Text::Aspell version 0.04
CGI version 3.15
DateTime::TimeZone version 0.42
DateTime version 0.35
DateTime::Format::ISO8601 version 0.06
DateTime::Format::Mail version 0.2901
Unix::Syslog version 0.100
GD::Graph3d version 0.63
JavaScript::SpiderMonkey version 0.19
Log::Log4perl version 1.10
Email::Send version 2.185
Text::CSV_XS version 0.27
Spreadsheet::WriteExcel::Big version 2.01
Tie::IxHash version 1.21

Checking Jabber connection
* Jabber successfully connected

Checking database connections
* WARNING: Deprecated <password> element used for the <reporter> entry.
Please use <pw> instead.
* /opensrf/default/reporter/setup :: Successfully connected to database
dbi:Pg:dbname=evergreen;host=localhost;port=5432
  * Database has the expected server encoding UTF8.
* /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.storage/app_settings/databases ::
Successfully connected to database
dbi:Pg:dbname=evergreen;host=localhost;port=5432
  * Database has the expected server encoding UTF8.
* /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.cstore/app_settings :: Successfully
connected to database dbi:Pg:dbname=evergreen;host=localhost;port=5432
  * Database has the expected server encoding UTF8.
* /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.reporter-store/app_settings ::
Successfully connected to database
dbi:Pg:dbname=evergreen;host=localhost;port=5432
  * Database has the expected server encoding UTF8.

Checking database drivers to ensure <driver> matches <language>
* OK: Pg language is undefined for reporter base configuration
* OK: Pg language is perl in /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.storage/language
* OK: pgsql language is C in /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.cstore/language
* OK: pgsql language is C in
/opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.reporter-store/language

Checking libdbi and libdbi-drivers
Libdbi postgres driver not found

Checking hostname
 * OK: found hostname 'egs' in <hosts> section of opensrf.xml
opensrf at egs:~/Evergreen-ILS-1.2.2.3/Open-ILS/src/support-scripts$